Monday, February 25
• Cake Decorating Workshop, 6:00 p.m.
• Dog Workshop, 6:00 p.m.
• Junior Leader Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, February 26
• Archery Practice for Returning Members Only, 6:00 p.m.
• Family Consumer Science Judging, 6:00 p.m.
• Junior Livestock Sale Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 27
• Dog Bowl Practice, 6:00 p.m.
• Horse Bowl Practice, 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 28
• Air Pistol/Air Rifle Practice, 6:30 p.m.
Friday, March 1
• Deadline: New Member Enrollment
• Deadline: Add, Drop, Change Projects
• 4-H Carnival Set-up, 4:00–8:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 2
• 4-H Carnival, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
• Exchange Club Dance, 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 3
• Postponed to March 10 due to Weather Forecast: Muzzleloading Orientation and Practice (Mandatory for New Members), 1:30 p.m.
The Clover Connections newsletter for March is now available. Be sure to read through it and take note of any workshops that might help with your projects. You are able to attend workshops, even though your enrollment may currently say Pending in the system. We strongly encourage you to absorb as much as possible.
The March newsletter is available here.
Livestock Field Day will be on Saturday, February 23. This is the best opportunity for Livestock members to complete their MQA training.
MQA training is required by the State Office for all Livestock members. This includes all Rabbits including Companion, Breeding/Show and Market and All Poultry, including Breeding Chickens, Market Chickens, Breeding Ducks, Market Ducks, Breeding Geese, Market Geese, Breeding Turkeys, Market Turkeys and Pigeons, Breeding & Market Beef, Breeding & Market Goat, Dairy Goat, Pygmy Goat, Breeding & Market Sheep, Breeding & Market Swine, and Dairy Cattle.
You need to attend once as a Junior Member (ages 8–13) and once as a Senior Member (ages 14–18). If you are new to livestock or if you turned 14 in 2018, then you will be required to attend the MQA training. If you do not attend MQA you will not be allowed to show at the 2019 Larimer County Fair.
There will also be project workshops during the day:
MQA Training will begin at 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. Please arrive by 2:30 p.m. at the latest to complete the MQA Training by 3:00 p.m.
Submitted by reporter, Walker Cameron.
The High Country Handiworkers 4-H Club met on Monday, February 11 at 7:00 p.m. at the McKee Building at the Ranch in Loveland, Colorado.
Enrollment is still open for new members. The deadline to enroll is March 1. Returning members can add or remove projects until March 1 also.
Rob Ryan, our club parliamentarian, talked about how to use parliamentary procedure to make decisions using motions, a second, and a vote.
The club members who sold tickets at King Soopers did really well. The total for the weekend was 675 tickets and received $180 in donations.
The 4-H Carnival is at the First National Bank Building on March 2 from 10:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Our club will have five booths at the carnival. Members turned in tickets they’ve sold and will be signing up to work at the booths. Our club is also gathering items for three club baskets: Camping, Colorado Sports, and Dog Lovers.
The Larimer County Exchange Club is hosting a dance after the carnival in the McKee Building from 5:30 to 9:00 p.m.
The club will be buying T-shirts for members and leaders this year. Please bring your design ideas to the next meeting.
There was a demonstration about using different tips for cake decorating.
The next meeting will be on March 11 at 7:00 p.m.
For more information, visit the High Country Handiworkers website at hch4h.org or on Facebook and Instagram by searching for hch4hclub.
Monday, February 18
• Dog Workshop, 6:00 p.m.
• Western Heritage Workshop, 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, February 19
• Beef Weigh Day, 4:00–7:00 p.m., The Ranch
• Mandatory Archery Orientation for RETURNING Shooters Only, 6:00 p.m.
• Exchange Club Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 20
• Dog Bowl/Horse Bowl Practice, 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 21
• Outdoor Skills Orientation MANDATORY to participate in discipline practices, 6:30 p.m.
Friday, February 22
• Shooting Sports Members Volunteer at Antique Sale, (SignUpGenius), 3:00–8:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 23
• Shooting Sports Volunteer at Antique Sale, (SignUpGenius), 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
• MQA Mandatory for Livestock Participants including rabbits & poultry, 10:00–2:30 p.m.
Sunday, February 24
• Dog Fun Match, 8:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
• .22 Rifle/.22 Pistol Practice at Front Range Gun Club (SignUpGenius required), 4:00 p.m.
The High Country Handiworkers 4-H club was chartered in 1980 and is located in Larimer County, Colorado.
Share Good News
We want to feature news and photos of our members. Click here to find out how to send yours.
Support 4-H when you shop! Use AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchase goes to the Larimer County 4-H Foundation. Click here!
Find us on Social Media
Share Photos and News
Questions about joining 4-H
in Larimer County?
Click to learn more.
Want to become a 4-H leader?
Click for information